I went to a CCRP breakfast with my mom. I heard Maria Sheffield speak. She does have pretty good ideas and opinions.
Maria Sheffield is trying to run against John Barrow. She thinks Democrats should go home. She also thinks we should have freedom. She believes there is nothing more important then our country. She loves our country and wants so much to defend it. We should also have a good budget. Her opinion is that no illegal immigrants should be aloud because they do not pay their taxes so the government runs out of money to pay for jobs and stuff like that. She thinks education should be left to the local part of the government. Our energy policy should not depend on other countries that do not like us.
I liked hearing Maria Sheffield speak because of her good ideas and opinions that I just discussed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's cool that you are getting to hear so many people speak about the things that shape our world. I must tell you, however, that many illegal immigrants DO pay taxes. It's crazy - but many of them actually have social security numbers! They aren't valid numbers but this means that the government actually collects taxes from them. But unlike legal citizens who make the same yearly income - they don't get a tax refund! They also pay sales tax and property tax (the ones who own homes) and the like. It is definitely a problem that they break so many laws. But they are also a large part of our economy. Plus, when I lived in California, I knew and loved many good, hard working illegal aliens. It would make me sad if we "sent 'em all back!" It is a complicated issue, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt is a very complicated issue. I didn't know that some illegal immigrants do have social security numbers and pay taxes. What about the ones who don't? What do you think about them? How would you solve the problem? Thank you for your comment.
DeleteNot only are you beautiful,you are so smart.I would like to see you get more kids interested in our government.
ReplyDeleteTR Brooks
Be forewarned, politics is heavily bombarded with biases, and it is up to you, the voter to learn how to sift through it and read between the lines. Now, I'm not saying that Maria Sheffeild is wrong for expressing her opinion, but like the first person who posted on this said, some of that logic is flawed. Some problems seem to have simple solutions, and some solutions seem to simply solve (or begin) a problem, but it is not all black and white...there are many grey areas to be filled and explored. The most important thing about political involvement is to be able to read between the lines, not everything is as straightforward as it seems.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment Miss Jen. I have learned that there are illegal immigrants that pay taxes, and some that don't. It is a problem that is very complicated and needs fixed. I have to choose between which solution is the best based on what I believe. I believe that a good leader helps people, cares for people, and tries to fix problems the way the people they are leading thinks they should.
DeleteSome of my friends don`t think Anna has her own blog.
ReplyDeleteI do have my own blog. You should ask them to visit it and see it.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete